When you have an investment property, it’s important to pay attention to curb appeal. You want potential renters to have a positive first impression of the property when they approach it from the street. This is one of the many steps you can take to improve a home’s appraisal value. The below resources can help you get your house ready for showing.
Spruce Up the House’s Exterior to Make It Look Like New
From the mailbox to the windows, ensure the structural components making up the front view of the home look fresh.
- Give your home’s exterior a thorough cleaning and a fresh coat of paint.
- Clean the inside and outside of all front-facing windows to get them sparkling.
- Swap out your old mailbox for a new one if it’s looking dingy.
- If you have a front porch, make the most of it. Create a usable space with nice furniture like a porch swing.
Tidy Up the Garden Out Front
The front yard is another essential component of positive curb appeal.
- If you have brown patches in your lawn, re-seed, fertilize, and water as needed to eliminate them.
- Search online for “tree removal services near you” to get rid of dying or sick trees that are blocking the nice view of your house.
- Prune hedges, shrubs, and bushes to maintain a well-kept appearance.
- Plant flower beds to add some color to your property.
Add Value-Boosting Extras to Enhance the Overall Appearance
With the facade and the yard taken care of, look for additional ways to give the house some extra aesthetic appeal.
- Highlight the beautiful landscaping work you’ve invested in with new lighting. Strategically placed lights can highlight the house, walkways, or garden.
- Install a water feature like a small pond or fountain to create a relaxing and welcoming atmosphere.
While it may require some time and money, taking these steps to enhance curb appeal is worth it. By presenting your house in the best possible light, you increase the odds of attracting the attention your property deserves. Are you ready to dive into the world of investment properties? Work with House Hub Real Estate Investments to find the perfect property. Call us at 864-272-5400.